Thursday, January 31, 2008

Miscellaneous pictures from January 2008

Our lives have really slowed down due to Julie's pregnancy.  She hasn't had it easy, but she is coming along.

We haven't featured many pictures of Abby lately.  With Katie on the way, her life is going to change more than she'll ever know.  She's a good girl though, and I have no doubts that she'll adjust.

100_8851 
Abby's modeling one of Katie's future dresses.  This, of course, immediately catapults us into the realm of those strange dog people who dress up their pets in human clothes.  I promise, this was a one-time deal.

100_8853

100_8858
This old girl can still sunbathe with the best of 'em.


100_8861

101_0001
Cheesecake Factory at Fashion Island.


101_0003 
Way out of our price range!

101_0004
Looking out over the ocean.

 101_0005 101_0052
Linda's gift to Julie was a trip to the Cerritos Performing Arts center to see "Hairspray".101_0053 101_0059
Putting the crib together.

101_0061
Not the most fun thing to do in a tight spot, but we got it!  Thanks for the help, David!

101_0064
I don't enjoy a lot of stand-up comedy, mainly because of the crude humor and bad language.  Emo Phillips is the exception.  With an act that is hardly crude and sans swear words, Emo can be hilariously funny without reducing himself to the lowest common denominator.101_0065
I've been a fan of Emo ever since watching his "Emo Phillips Live at the Hasty Pudding Theater" show many years ago.  When I heard he was coming to the Queen Mary, I jumped at the opportunity to get tickets.  His act is intelligent, very very funny, and all-around fun.  He met with fans after the show to take pictures, sign and give away some CDs, etc.  All the while staying 100% in character and still telling a few jokes.  Thanks, Emo, for a fantastic night.


101_8869
Celebrating Julie's birthday at Linda's.

101_8870 
Marcus wanted to make sure all of his cars, boats and planes were lined up.

101_8871 101_8873
I love how the smoke was captured here.

101_0075
Dinner at "Christy's" in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment