Today was incredibly special. It was my first time ever being on campus with my kids for a school holiday party. Every day God shows me MORE just how awesome He is. This was in His plan for my life all along and to me, that is so incredible. And to think, just one year ago this month, my new job still wasn’t even on the horizon. In fact, right around March 1st of last year I told myself that I was stuck where I was, but I was okay with that and was making the best of every day. When I found out that our second baby was on his way, every part of me wanted to become a stay at home mom. It was one of my deepest desires. That dream didn’t come true, though. I did what I had to do and wiped my tears, puffed up my chest, put my chin up and carried on as a working mom. I was put in a position at work that tested me for a lifetime, but through it I became a new person; I became someone who knew that I could do better. This confidence led me to apply, test, and interview, and interview again for a new job. God took it from there. I still can’t believe the miracle that has happened to me and to us. Because of this journey, I was able to be with my kids today at their Valentine’s Day parties. While my dream didn’t come true of being a stay at home mom, God has given me an even bigger dream and reality. He put me in a place that keeps our finances afloat and allows me to be with my kids for the special moments. His dream for me was always BIGGER than my dream. My heart is bursting with gratefulness.
Mushy thoughts, but hey it’s Valentines.
The many faces of Matthew eating his cupcake.
Matthew passing his valentines out.
He loved having Mama come visit him.
Matthew is incredibly smart (It’s okay for me to be biased. ). His teacher has all of their names on cards. Each child needs to identify their
name and then go to the front and tell the class the letters in their name. Most kids could not identify their names or say the letters correctly (They’re only 2 years old, it’s okay ). A few kids could. Matthew not only identified his name, but most of his classmates names as well. This is Matthew after he said his
letters to his teacher. He’s getting a high five.
Katie at “Loved Ones” lunch. Poor girl has really chapped lips.
Katie couldn’t wait to show me her new trick.
Happy Valentine’s Day, 2015!
No comments:
Post a Comment