Today was Good Friday. Julie and I both had the day off, and we enjoyed our Good Friday service at church. It was important to us to stop and acknowledge the death of Christ on the cross. Without his sacrificial death and miraculous resurrection on Easter, none of us would have any hope for eternal salvation. Jesus paid the price for all of us. None of us can live up to God’s standard of perfection to enter Heaven and live with him for eternity. Salvation is a free gift made possible by Christ’s sacrifice on he cross. All you have to do is acknowledge you are a sinner, accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and your sins will be forgiven. Such a simple and awesome gift, yet millions will refuse to accept it. The gift is free, and he’ll take you just as you are.
Few places are better to visit after church than the beach!
Katie hasn’t been much, so I had to show her the ropes.
There was an episode of “The Wonder Years” I used to watch as a kid. It was appropriately titled Summer Song. Years later I was watching it with Julie when she jumped up and said, “Hey…that’s Seal Beach!”
Sure enough…here’s Katie in almost the exact same spot as the scene pictured above. I guess these are our Wonder Years. :)
You can’t beat swings on the beach.
California sure has it’s problems right now. The political climate is horrible, taxes are some of the highest in the nation, and Sacramento has their hands out demanding more. But days like today and views like this can make you forget about all that, if only for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment